A Joyful Mind: A documentary film about finding true happiness and well-being through the practice of meditation
A Joyful Mind is a feature-length documentary film, currently in production, about finding true happiness and well-being through the practice of meditation. The film portrays the life and teachings of Mingyur Rinpoche and uses his story to share the benefits of meditation on the body, mind, and brain. Filmed by Director Paul MacGowan, a student of Mingyur Rinpoche, A Joyful Mind seeks to further Rinpoche's passion for bringing the benefits and joys of meditation to the widest audience possible.
In 2010, before leaving for his retreat, Mingyur Rinpoche empowered Open Mind Media to work with Tergar International and Tergar Asia to produce A Joyful Mind with the express intention of helping others. Rinpoche sees this project as an opportunity to offer the benefits of meditation to people around the world. Since receiving his support, Open Mind Media has been working diligently to help realize Rinpoche’s vision.
- Mingyur Rinpoche's practical, fresh and accessible introductory teachings on meditation
- reflections by renowned teachers from different meditative traditions, such as Joseph Goldstein, Rick Hanson, Jetsunma Tenzin Palmo and Matthieu Ricard
- personal stories of practitioners on their initial engagement with meditation
- profiles of leading scientists, such as Drs. Richie Davidson and Antoine Lutz, on the intersection between modern science and meditation practices
- an examination of the neurological and physical benefits of meditation as documented by the latest scientific research
- the practical implementation of meditation in institutions, such as schools, the workplace and hospitals
- experiences of professionals who incorporate meditation into their lives, including those by performance-artist Laurie Anderson and sports-psychologist George Mumford
Follow the Project:
Please visit our website to learn more about the project: www.ajoyfulmind.com
Visit our facebook Page: www.facebook.com/ajoyfulmind
Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/ajoyfulmindfilm