Essence of the Bardos
The bardo teachings of Tibetan Buddhism are profound and precious teachings that address both how we approach the transitory, momentary experience of this life, with its infinite transitions, and how we approach the transitions associated with dying and death. The word “bardo” actually means “intermediate state,” or “between.” Thus, at its heart, the bardo teachings are concerned with the core Buddhist teaching of impermanence, both in life and in death, and with the liberation that comes with seeing the real nature of the mind in the face of all that change.
Essence of the Bardos starts September 2019 and continues through October as part of your Vajrayana Online subscription.
What is included in the course?
- The Essence Bardos course offers an introduction to the vast and profound teachings on the traditions of life and death from the Tibetan Buddhist tradition
- The course includes weekly video teachings from Mingyur Rinpoche on key points, with video subtitles, audio files and pdf transcripts
- An extensive course workbook to deepen understanding and experience
- Weekly audio introductions from Senior Tergar Instructors
- Two webinars each month with the Tergar Instructors
- Optional personal practice interviews with the Tergar Instructors
- A forum to discuss our study and practice and to ask questions
What will I need for this course?
The book In Love with the World: A Monk's Journey Through the Bardos of Living and Dying by Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche will be referred to throughout the course. A downloadable course workbook PDF will also be be available before the start of the course.
Who can take this course?
This course is open to all those with an interest in deepening their understanding of the principles and practices of Tibetan Buddhism.
How much does it cost?
Essence of the Bardos and other courses in Vajrayana Online are included as part of your monthly subscription to Vajrayana Online for as long as you remain subscribed. Visit Vajrayana Online to learn more.
When does the course start?
This course begins September 2019, continues through October and remains available afterward as part of your ongoing Vajryayana Online subscription.
In order to subscribe to Vajrayana Online, you must first be a member of Tergar Learning Community.
Not registered for Tergar Learning yet?
If you are already registered on Tergar Learning please log-in