The Vajra Vehicle of Tibetan Buddhism is considered a “swift path” to enlightenment. This profound approach to awakening is rooted in the understanding that buddhahood is not a goal to be achieved, but an immanent reality that we can recognize in the present moment. Various tools are used to bring about this recognition: meditations that employ the imagination and symbolic imagery, exercises designed to harness the power of the body’s subtle energies, and pith instructions that guide the meditator to a direct experience of the luminous purity of the mind’s true nature.
Vajrayana Buddhism with Tergar Instructors Cortland Dahl and Antonia Sumbundu starts July 1, 2019, and continues through August 31 as part of your Vajrayana Online subscription.
What is included in the course?
- We will explore the most important principles and practices of Vajrayana Buddhism, including its profound teachings on the immanence of the enlightened state and the powerful practices that enable us to access our own awakened nature.
- The course includes weekly video teachings from Mingyur Rinpoche on key points, with video subtitles, audio files and transcripts
- An extensive course workbook to deepen understanding and experience
- Weekly audio introductions from Senior Tergar Instructors
- Two webinars each month with the Tergar Instructors
- Optional personal practice interviews with the Tergar Instructors
- A forum to discuss our study and practice and to ask questions
Who can take this course?
This course is open to all those with an interest in deepening their understanding of the principles and practices of Tibetan Buddhism.
How much does it cost?
Vajrayana Buddhism and other courses in Vajrayana Online are included as part of your monthly subscription to Vajrayana Online for as long as you remain subscribed. Visit Vajrayana Online to learn more.
When does the course start?
This course begins on July 1, 2019, continues through August 31 and remains available afterwards as part of your ongoing Vajryayana Online subscription.
What will I need for this course?
The book Secret of the Vajra World by Reginald Ray will be referred to throughout the course.
In order to subscribe to Vajrayana Online, you must first be a member of Tergar Learning Community.
Not registered for Tergar Learning yet?
If you are already registered on Tergar Learning please log-in