The Life and Teachings of the Buddha
“The essence of Buddhism is kindness and compassion.”
- H.H. the Dalai Lama
The Life and Teachings of the Buddha online course began on February 1 2019 as part of your Vajrayana Online subscription
Although the Buddha lived roughly 2,500 years ago, his life and teachings are as relevant today as ever. The Buddha was born into a life of luxury and privilege but saw that material prosperity alone cannot solve all of life’s problems. Acutely aware of the chronic dissatisfaction that often plagues the human mind, he devoted his life to understanding the causes of suffering and how to uproot these causes through meditation, insight, and leading a life of compassion and nonviolence. This course explores the Buddha’s life and his core teachings, showing the relevance of his timeless teachings to the fast-paced lifestyle of the modern world.
What is included in the course?
- We will learn the most important principles of the Buddha's four noble truths and how to move from understanding, to direct experience in meditation, to application of our practice in everyday life
- The course includes weekly video teachings from Mingyur Rinpoche on key points of practice, with video subtitles, audio files and transcripts
- An extensive course workbook to deepen understanding and experience
- Weekly audio introductions from Senior Tergar Instructors
- Two webinars each month with Tergar Instructors
- Optional personal practice interviews with the Tergar Instructors
- A forum to discuss our study and practice and to ask questions
Who can take this course?
This course is open to all those with interest in deepening their understanding of the principles and practices of Tibetan Buddhism.
How much does it cost?
The Life and Teachings of the Buddha and other courses in Vajrayana Online are included as part of your monthly subscription to Vajrayana Online for as long as you remain subscribed. Visit Vajrayana Online to learn more.
When does the course start?
This course begins on February 1, 2019, continues until March 31 and remains available after March as part of your Vajryayana Online subscription.
What will I need for this course?
The book Joyful Wisdom by Mingyur Rinpoche will be referred to throughout the course.
In order to subscribe to Vajrayana Online, you must first be a member of Tergar Learning Community.
Not registered for Tergar Learning yet?
If you are already registered on Tergar Learning please log-in