Dying Every Day - What Is The Bardo?
A Journey Through the Transitions of Life and Death
Mingyur Rinpoche Introduces Dying Every Day
The bardo teachings of Tibetan Buddhism are profound and precious teachings that address both how to approach the transitory, momentary experience of this life and how to use this wisdom to skillfully and intentionally navigate the process of our own dying and rebirth. At its heart, the bardo teachings are concerned with the core teaching of impermanence, both in life and in death, and with the liberation that comes with recognizing the real nature of the mind in the midst of all that changes. In this course Mingyur Rinpoche himself will guide us on this journey through the lens of his just-released book, In Love with the World, that chronicles in intimate detail his recent, very personal experience of death and rebirth.
The book In Love with the World: A Monk's Journey Through the Bardos of Living and Dying by Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche will be referred to throughout the course. A downloadable course workbook PDF will also be available before the start of the course.
What is included in the course?
- The Dying Every Day course offers an introduction to the vast and profound teachings on the traditions of life and death from the Tibetan Buddhist tradition
- The course includes weekly video teachings from Mingyur Rinpoche on key points, with video subtitles, audio files and pdf transcripts
- An extensive course workbook to deepen understanding and experience
- Weekly audio introductions from Tergar Instructors Myoshin Kelley and Tim Olmsted
- Two webinars each month with the Tergar Instructors
- Optional personal practice interviews with the Tergar Instructors
- A forum to discuss our study and practice and to ask questions
What will I need for this course?
The book In Love with the World: A Monk's Journey Through the Bardos of Living and Dying by Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche will be referred to throughout the course. A downloadable course workbook PDF will also be be available at the start of the course.
Who can take this course?
This course is open to all those with an interest in deepening their understanding of the principles and practices of Tibetan Buddhism.
How much does it cost?
Dying Every Day and other courses in Vajrayana Online are included as part of your monthly subscription to Vajrayana Online for as long as you remain subscribed. Visit Vajrayana Online to learn more.
In order to subscribe to Vajrayana Online, you must first be a member of Tergar Learning Community.
Not registered for Tergar Learning yet?
If you are already registered on Tergar Learning please log-in