If you want to drink tea, you need a place to put the cup. You need a table, which is the same as the foundation of the Shravaka or Hinayana teachings. You also need the cup to contain the tea, which is the Mahayana attitude. And you need the tea as well—otherwise there is nothing to drink, and you do need a drink. Vajrayana teachings are like the liquid poured into the cup.
- Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche
Enjoy this video by Mingyur Rinpoche from the Three Yanas Course
The Three Yanas Course is available as a part of the Vajrayana Online Program
What is included in this course?
- Video teachings from Mingyur Rinpoche
- An in-depth look at the view, meditation, and conduct of the Hinayana, Mahayana, and Vajrayana vehicles of Tibetan Buddhism
- Traditional and contemporary readings from the lineage masters and modern teachers
- Audio introductions from Tergar Instructors Cortland Dahl and Tim Olmsted
- Recordings of course webinars with Mingyur Rinpoche and the Instructors
- Optional individual practice interviews
- A forum to discuss practice and ask questions
Who can take this course?
This course is open to all those with interest in deepening their understanding of the principles and practices of Tibetan Buddhism.
How much does it cost?
The Three Yanas and other courses in Vajrayana Online including the Ngondro and Nectar of the Path Courses are included as part of your monthly subscription to Vajrayana Online for as long as you remain subscribed. Visit Vajrayana Online to learn more.
When does it start?
Three Yanas has been relaunched as of September 1 2020 and will run for 1o months. You can join at any time.
In order to subscribe to Vajrayana Online, you must first be a member of Tergar Learning Community.
Not registered for Tergar Learning yet?
If you are already registered on Tergar Learning please log-in